Lake Compounce Amusement Park in Bristol ConnecticutJuly 3, 2012
If you live in New England, you may have already heard about Lake Compounce in Bristol, CT. Lake Compounce is the oldest continuously operating amusement park in North America with over 402 acres of fun, including thrill rides, coasters for all ages, even a full-sized water park, all inclusive with the ticket price. With ten catering pavilions and plenty of room too, Lake Compounce is also a great place to host a birthday party, family reunion, or corporate event. It is also just a great way to spend the afternoon for all ages!
Many years ago my husband and I travelled to this fun amusement park and had the best day ever, enjoying rides, acting silly. We always thought it would be a great place for a family to enjoy. So now we have kids of our own and they are at a good age, (3 and 4) we might chance the two and a half to three hour drive with them because we know they will love it too!
Tickets start at $18.99* for seniors (over 60), $26.99* for juniors (under 52” tall), and $36.99* for regular admission. After 5pm tickets are $18.99* and kids three and under are free. (*Plus 10% Admissions Tax)
Save $5 on Regular Admission at Lake Compounce here.
10. Free Pepsi all day for everyone! Yes, I know it is a lot of sugar, but also a great reminder to stay hydrated throughout the day.
9. They offer sugar-free candies and novelties (upon request), also peanut and tree nut free treats too. Nothing is fried in peanut oil, and trans fat-free oil is used in the Parkside Diner.
8. They have a Diner with a ‘50s & '60s nostalgia. FUN!
7. You can build your own variety of slush drinks. (Cart located next to the Skycoaster.)
6. The all time attendance record of 5,000 dancers was set in spring, 1941, when Tommy Dorsey's reorganized band featured a young, up and coming vocalist named Frank Sinatra.
5. It has a lakefront cafeteria to enjoy a snack or two; Also serves hot entrees, draft beer, and a variety of hot and cold beverages to enjoy when you are ready for a break.
4. Still boasts a Carousel built in 1911.
3. A wooden roller-coaster is still in operation since 1927.
2. A buyout in 1996 brought over $24 million in updates to the park; and
1. Nothing wipes out kids better than an afternoon of continuous fun!
There are plenty of other food places and carts placed around the park so you will never go hungry or thirsty. The few listed above are just some of my favorites.
1. Lake Compounce does not allow any outside coolers, food or beverage to be brought into the park.
2. Bags are checked upon entering.
3. Picnic facilities are for catered group outings only.
4. Be prepared to pay a fee for parking ($8).
5. Smokers are required to restrict smoking to the nine designated areas throughout the park.
If we go this summer, I will be sure to tell you all about it! Are you going to any Amusement Parks this summer?
Disclaimer: I will receive a family pack of tickets complimentary for this post thanks to usfamilyguide - bloggers sign up here. No other compensation will be received. Information was obtained from http://www.lakecompounce.com. All opinions are 100% mine.
blog comments powered by Disqus